23 - 27 September 2019
This EMBO Practical Course will cover the use of small angle scattering (SAS) of both neutrons and X-rays for the determination of the structures of biological macromolecules. Particular attention will be paid to sample preparation and the analysis and interpretation of SAS data in a biological context. The aim of this course is to enable the participants to maximise the information gained from the SAS technique in their future experiments. The Course will focus on:
- Small angle X-ray and neutron scattering theory
- Sample requirements for a successful small angle scattering experiment
- Data analysis, model building and interpretation
- Isotope labelling strategies for small angle neutron scattering
- Analysing small angle scattering in conjunction with data obtained from other techniques (NMR, AUC, EM, SEC-MALLS)
Academic registration fee is €300, students and postdocs: €200. Scientists from industry are required to pay a fee of €1000. Accommodation and subsistence are covered for accepted applicants.
Limited travel grants are available to selected participants. EMBO Courses and Workshops offers child care grants.
Chosen participants will be notified by July 1. Payment deadline is September 1.