ranch90 for linux/macOS

Linear (OLIGOMER), and non-linear (MIXTURE) analysis, singular value decomposition (SVDPLOT), addition of missing fragments (BUNCH, CORAL), analysis of flexible systems (EOM/RANCH & GAJOE), flexible refinement of high-resolution models (SREFLEX)
bnolen

ranch90 for linux/macOS

#1 Post by bnolen » 2012.02.04 22:19

I recently downloaded and installed the atsas package for linux (CentOS 5.7) and on a mac (OS 10.7.2) and am trying to use RANCH and GAJOE to model flexibility in my protein. I have two questions:

1.) Is the primary difference between ranch13 and ranch90 that in ranch90 one can select whether each defined domain is fixed or not?

2.) Will ranch90 be available for mac and linux distributions? On both of the recent installs I describe above, only ranch13 is in the current distribution, unless I inadvertently installed an older version.

Thanks!

franke
Administrator

Re: ranch90 for linux/macOS

#2 Post by franke » 2012.02.04 22:52

I can't answer the first question, Giancarlo is the one who can help you there.
bnolen wrote:2.) Will ranch90 be available for mac and linux distributions? On both of the recent installs I describe above, only ranch13 is in the current distribution, unless I inadvertently installed an older version.
It will be included in v2.5.0, not in any 2.4.x for Linux or Mac. The windows executable is a test version only - feedback is highly welcome.

HTH

Daniel

Giancarlo
Administrator

#3 Post by Giancarlo » 2012.02.06 11:56

bnolen wrote: 1.) Is the primary difference between ranch13 and ranch90 that in ranch90 one can select whether each defined domain is fixed or not?
Ranch90 has several new features respect to Ranch13. One of them is the possibility to fix domains (there is also the possibility to work with oligomer). To do that you need to answer yes to the following question:

Fixed the subunit? [ Y / N ] ........ <No>: y

But, please, make sure that 2 fixed subsequently domains are not too far away each other to be connected by a linker with a specified length and, in the opposite case, they do not clash each other as well. In the first case Ranch90 will keep them in the native position and it would be impossible to connect them. In the latter case, the clash situation will not allow to Ranch90 to continue with the calculation (These checks are going to be automatize before the definitive release).

PhD_fm

#4 Post by PhD_fm » 2012.05.30 12:39

About the Linux Version, When will it is coming?? I ´m working with Ranch90 in windows with my PC. My study´s protein is around 500KDa big, two domain fold and other 3 flexible domain, and also is and hexamer, fot this reason my computer needs 1 week to generate 2000 models.
I have a huge computer in my lab but It only run with linux.

There isn´t any beta version in linux to try, is it?

Thank you in advance