ATSAS ONLINE

Suggestions for new topics to discuss, questions on the use of the Forum
Jens

ATSAS ONLINE

#1 Post by Jens » 2011.03.23 14:47

Hallo,

is there a possibility to limit the number of jobs submitted per user to the ATSAS online server? I recognize more and more that some users submit huge numbers of parallel jobs which makes it difficult for other users to make use of the server.

For example at the moment there are around 250 jobs from which I assume according to their name are coming from only one user.

I do not know what others think about it but I would really appreciate to limit the number of parallel jobs per user.

Best wishes
Jens

franke
Administrator

Re: ATSAS ONLINE

#2 Post by franke » 2011.03.23 16:47

Jens wrote:For example at the moment there are around 250 jobs from which I assume according to their name are coming from only one user.
Jens, if that user is maxim, then there is nothing to worry about - all submitted jobs run under the same user name.

Jens

#3 Post by Jens » 2011.03.23 17:15

Hi Daniel,

the jobs are numbered.
p37p1n1, p37p1n2 ......
p37p2n1, p37p2n2 ......
and then all possible space groups. This is why I think in cases like that, that the jobs were started by the same user.

It is just that I have the feeling to see things like this more often and a large number of jobs by one (or a few) user(s) can cause a huge queue for others. Just wanted to ask if others have the same impression or if it is just my personal feeling.

Best regards
Jens