Please help with Pr

Interactive and automated data processing tools (PRIMUS, GNOM, AUTORG).
Scattering from simple bodies (BODIES), peak analysis (PEAK), data plotting (SASPLOT) etc.
RBelen

Please help with Pr

#1 Post by RBelen » 2017.08.04 05:58

Hi,
I’m analyzing SAXS data of my protein with and without polysulfides. The polysulfides are expected to react with the cysteine residues within the protein and to induce conformational changes so as to activate it. I’m seeing changes in the Dmax but I don’t know if the changes are too big (o real). I’m attaching the SAXS and Pr data. The SAXS data of the protein alone shows that there is a bit of aggregation but once we added the polysulfides it seems to be ok.

Does this make sense?

Can you please reply to this query?
Attachments
Data Saxier.pdf
(364.28 KiB) Downloaded 114 times

AL
Administrator

Re: Please help with Pr

#2 Post by AL » 2017.08.30 17:44

RBelen wrote:I’m seeing changes in the Dmax but I don’t know if the changes are too big (o real).
Compare the Guinier Rg values - it's clear that the protein alone (pink) is much more extended than the protein with polysulfides (brown).
Please note that only the p(r) in Figure 6 fits the experimental data. I guess one could reduce Dmax to 165-170 A. The other p(r)s do not fit the experimental data, so you can't really compare these Dmax values.
RBelen wrote:The SAXS data of the protein alone shows that there is a bit of aggregation but once we added the polysulfides it seems to be ok.
Compare the molecular weight estimated from these curves to the molecular weight calculated from the protein sequence - is it anywhere close to what you expect?