PRIMUS: data format and file names length

Interactive and automated data processing tools (PRIMUS, GNOM, AUTORG).
Scattering from simple bodies (BODIES), peak analysis (PEAK), data plotting (SASPLOT) etc.
Anna.Sokolova

PRIMUS: data format and file names length

#1 Post by Anna.Sokolova » 2017.08.24 06:25

Good day,

there are three questions about Primus:
Issue with Q=0.00 points in the data files.
Version 3.2 is capable do not load q=0.0000 and can be subtracted etc, but the number of points in the final files is one point less.
Though version 3.3 is loading those q=0.000 points, but cannot subtract or average files saying that there is different number of points in the files.

Is it possible to fix the bug and give possibility to load _all_ points in the files, so the final number of points will stay in the files?

It seems there is a limit on the length of the file names loaded into Primus.
I am working on Bilby/SANS instrument at ANSTO, and our file names are long. And it is a painful process to opes Primus constantly after its crashes.
Can you please change the minimum of symbols allowed in the file names? Then longer than possible, please.

On my instrument we are operating two sets of the detectors, and for certain wavelengths data sets are interrupted by set of NaN, which reflects physical separation of the detectors.
Once one is loading data into Primus, it seems it is loading data till the first NaN, so the second part of the data sets get missing.
Can you please change the loader and read all data excluding NaN, independently of how many NaN blocks are there.

Thank you in advance.
Anna.

konarev
Administrator

Re: PRIMUS: data format and file names length

#2 Post by konarev » 2017.08.25 11:36

Hello Anna,

thank you for your questions, we try to address them.

The first question about q=0.0 can be easily fixed (it is a bug) and the corrected version of Primus
will be available in next ATSAS releases (usually at the end of the year).

The filename length in Primus is currently 256 symbols, I assume it should be
enough even for your 'longisch' data files, may be the program crash happens due to
different reasons (e.g. non-standard format), it will be useful if you can send one or two
examples of the data files where you have problems.

Concerning the reading of NaN values, the program indeed reads the data only until
the first NaN appearance, could you also send an example of the data file,
we shall see whether it can be fixed.

Meanwhile, you can test the performance of Primus-qt program, it is the cross-platform
version of Primus (runs also on Linux and Mac) and let us know if you have similar problems there.

With best wishes,
Peter

Anna.Sokolova

#3 Post by Anna.Sokolova » 2017.08.29 01:02

Thank you, Peter.
Please advise where I can send the files.

Regards,
Anna.

konarev
Administrator

#4 Post by konarev » 2017.08.29 10:45

You can send it here (as attachment) or send it
to my embl e-mail address.