program converting the GIFT out files into GNOM out files

Small angle scattering software (except ATSAS)
Hai

program converting the GIFT out files into GNOM out files

#1 Post by Hai » 2014.05.21 03:11

Dear SaxieR guys,

I am trying to process data from home SAXS setup with line collimation (Anton Paar SAXSess mc^2) using the GIFT program. I got very good fit and reasonable P(r) with the GIFT and would like to make the models from this GIFT output files using DAMMIN, GASBOR in ATSAS.

Do you know any programs which convert the output files of GIFT into output files of GNOM which can be used for further analysis in ATSAS?

Thank you very much.
Best regards,
Hai

franke
Administrator

Re: program converting the GIFT out files into GNOM out file

#2 Post by franke » 2014.05.21 17:43

Hai wrote:I am trying to process data from home SAXS setup with line collimation (Anton Paar SAXSess mc^2) using the GIFT program. [...]
Do you know any programs which convert the output files of GIFT into output files of GNOM which can be used for further analysis in ATSAS
You'd better ask at Anton Paar for such a converter. The ATSAS developers do not have access to GIFT, hence ATSAS can not work with the file format. Simple.

mwilce

Re: program converting the GIFT out files into GNOM out file

#3 Post by mwilce » 2015.03.18 05:39

Dear Hai,
Anton-Paar do provide a windows program for converting GIFT to ATSAS format...BUT...I have great problems running it. Very occasionally it does the conversion however most times it throws up an error and fails.

It would be good to request a working version from Anton-Paar.

Anton-Paar did kindly provide me with the source code (Fortran) which I am very slowly converting to Python (please don't wait for me to complete this task). If you have the time and skill to fix and compile the source code they would most likely provide you with a copy of the code.

Cheers,
Matthew