EXPDATA from Chromixs

Interactive and automated data processing tools (PRIMUS, GNOM, AUTORG).
Scattering from simple bodies (BODIES), peak analysis (PEAK), data plotting (SASPLOT) etc.
prithaghosh

EXPDATA from Chromixs

#1 Post by prithaghosh » 2019.07.06 09:33

Hello,

I have a technical question regarding the analysis of raw SAXS data using Crysol. Once we load the raw dat files onto Crysol and then select the sample and the buffer frames, a new dat file is generated with the suffix chromixs00.dat. Let's refer to this as the "merged" dat file. Following this, we go on to process this merged dat file and remove the noisy frames. As a next step, we generate the P(r) curve and save the GNOM output file. Before closing the session, we can save this new dat file with the reduced number of frames. Let's refer to this as the "processed" dat file. So the merged and the processed dat file differ from each other in the number of frames saved in each of them. The processed dat file is always smaller than the merged dat, and has equal number of frames as that in the P(r) curve.

If I am not terribly mistaken, then in order to score our models against the "experimental SAXS data" we should be using the processed SAXS data and not the merged dat file, right?

Thank you.

Regards
Pritha

prithaghosh

Re: EXPDATA from Chromixs

#2 Post by prithaghosh » 2019.07.06 10:41

How much difference does it make if I screen my models against the entire buffer subtracted sample vs a reduced set of points?